DIA-404 – Anti-CD4 (Ms) from Rat (Clone: GHH4) for mouse FFPE tissue – 200 µl
antibody purified (from culture supernatant)
Antibody clone GHH4 has been developed and validated for the detection of murine CD4 in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections (mouse FFPE). Clone GHH4 identifies T helper cells in murine FFPE tissue by IHC.
CD4 is a marker for T helper cells. Besides this subpopulation of mature T cells (helper/inducer), CD4 is also expressed on most thymocytes and weakly on macrophages and dendritic cells.
Antigen recognition and subsequent T-cell activation is controlled by the interaction between TCR (T-cell receptor) and pMHC (peptide-major histocompatibility complexe). T-cell activation is often enhanced by a close cooperation of the TCR with two different co-receptors: CD8 and CD4. Cluster of Differentiation 4 (CD4) is a nonpolymorphous 55 kDa glycoprotein belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily. It acts as a co-receptor with the TCR during antigen-induced T cell activation and thymic differentiation by binding MHC class II and plays an important role both in T cell development and in optimal functioning of mature T cells. In T cells, CD4 associates with protein tyrosine kinase p56lck through its cytoplasmic tail.
In humans, CD4 is expressed in the majority of T-cell lymphomas. CD4 plays an important role in the classification of lymphocytes in inflammatory lesions and malignant lymphomas. CD4 serves as HIV receptor on T cells, macrophages and brain and is downregulated by HIV proteins during AIDS progression.
Immunohistochemistry of mouse CD4 in standard-FFPE tissue sections
Mouse spleen: The monoclonal antibody clone GHH4 specifically stains CD4 in standard FFPE mouse spleen. Incubation with antibody clone GHH4 (10μg/ml, corresponding to a 1:100 dilution) for 1h at RT. Detection with ImmPRESS HRP anti-Rat from Vector Laboratories (Picture courtesy of Christel Bonnas, Synaptic Systems, Göttingen, Germany).
- Foti M et al. p56Lck anchors CD4 to distinct microdomains on microvilli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002, 99: 2008-13.
- Brady et al. Crystal structure of domains 3 and 4 of rat CD4: relation to the NH2-terminal domains. Science 1993, 260:979-83
- Janeway CA et al. The T cell receptor as a multicomponent signalling machine: CD4/CD8 coreceptors and CD45 in T cell activation. Annu Rev Immunol. 1992, 10: 645-74.
- Bierer BE et al. The biologic roles of CD2, CD4, and CD8 in T-cell activation. Annu Rev Immunol. 1989, 7: 579-99.
- Fleischer B et al. Function of the CD4 and CD8 molecules on human T lymphocytes: regulation of T cell triggering. Jour-nal of Immunology 1996, 136: 1625-8
- Wilde DB et al. Evidence implicating L3T4 in class II MHC antigen reactivity; monoclonal antibody GK1.5 (anti-L3T4a) blocks class II MHC antigen-specific proliferation, release of lymphokines, and binding by cloned murine helper T lym-phocyte lines. J Immunol. 1983, 131: 2178-83.
- Dialynas et al. Characterization of the murine T cell surface molecule, designated L3T4, identified by monoclonal anti-body GK1.5: similarity of L3T4 to the human Leu-3/T4 molecule. J Immunol. 1983, 131: 2445-51.
Quantity: 200 µl
Usual delivery time: 1 business day
345,00 € plus VAT